Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll get my money in Sandman. I don't mind financing your other Fantasy Football endeavors.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll get my money in Sandman. I don't mind financing your other Fantasy Football endeavors.

Yes about that....I have pretty much sworn off joining any guru sites or any other bullshit fantasy propaganda. I have done much better when I rely on my own senses.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes about that....I have pretty much sworn off joining any guru sites or any other bullshit fantasy propaganda. I have done much better when I rely on my own senses.

I'll tell you the secrets:

1.  Don't let your fandom ruin your fantasy.  If you're a Jets fan and Tom Brady falls to you in the second round - take him!  This goes for Bears fans and Aaron Rodgers, and any other such moral conundrum you might face as an NFL fan.  It's OK to root against your fantasy QB's team on Sunday.

2.  Cross your fingers and maybe even say a little prayer under your breath for a healthy fantasy squad.  Injuries - especially injuries to high value guys or multiple starter-level players can shoot your fantasy season in the ass post haste.

3.  Drink more beer, especially during your fantasy draft.

You can deduct my $100 fantasy advice fee from the league entry fees.

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know. I am on the Guru and it seemed like it worked my first two years, but last year, I got fucking brutalized in damn near all my leagues.

Caplin said pick up that fat fucking slob Mark Ingram. He's got great upside. He'll be starting by mid season. Well fuck me running you lying son of a bitch. He was worthless. I hope he breaks his ankle this year.Bum!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It almost always comes down to injuries.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. I am on the Guru and it seemed like it worked my first two years, but last year, I got fucking brutalized in damn near all my leagues.    

Caplin said pick up that fat fucking slob Mark Ingram. He's got great upside. He'll be starting by mid season. Well fuck me running you lying son of a bitch. He was worthless. I hope he breaks his ankle this year.Bum!

Tell me about it. I wasted a 4th round pick based on their suggestion for Ingram.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Starting at $29.99! Order now and get a free picture of Maverick himself holding various fantasy trophies!

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://i50.tinypic.com/xdxb1w.jpg

Starting at $29.99! Order now and get a free picture of Maverick himself holding various fantasy trophies!

Done. Where do I send money to?

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Did someone send me a check and forget to tell me??
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ME ME.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent one, but had showme in the memo line.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ME ME.

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I sent one, but had showme in the memo line.

I will check it when I get home. I may IM you to verfiy a few things.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Wobblin -paid pending check clear    

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Tomorrow is the DEADLINE to set your Keepers!!!  
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Only 2 deadbeat owners left to pay: PAADAMS and CVIPROD

Gentlemen, we need your money now!

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Gronk $1 + $5 = $6

Welker $18 + $5 = $23
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#21]
For you dumbass owners who can't read:

You need to go to Yahoo and select your keepers. There is a link provided once you log in.

Posting them here will do nothing for you  
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gronk $1 + $5 = $6

Welker $18 + $5 = $23

You're a pathetic N.E. fan boy who doesn't even try to hide it  
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gronk $1 + $5 = $6

Welker $18 + $5 = $23

If you had my roster...would you have done any differently?
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Only 2 deadbeat owners left to pay: PAADAMS and CVIPROD

Gentlemen, we need your money now!

I will pay tonight by paypal.  Sorry for the delay, it has just slipped my mind.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gronk $1 + $5 = $6

Welker $18 + $5 = $23

Absolutely not.  Both are PPR monsters and Gronk @ $6 may be the best value in the entire league.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gronk $1 + $5 = $6

Welker $18 + $5 = $23

Absolutely not.  Both are PPR monsters and Gronk @ $6 may be the best value in the entire league.

He's still a friggin N.E. fanboy. I'll wager 6 of this players this year are from the Pats.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I really want to keep Brees, but for some reason I have a bad feeling.  I will let one of you have him this year and I'll pick up some 3rd tier scrub...
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I really want to keep Brees, but for some reason I have a bad feeling.  I will let one of you have him this year and I'll pick up some 3rd tier scrub...

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are we allowed to trade before the draft? That could add some major fun to the equation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are we allowed to trade before the draft? That could add some major fun to the equation.

I dunno, commish, are we?

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Make an offer. Haha
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Aaron Hernandez
Ryan Mathews

A lot of people have Mathews really high this year on their boards.  I have a hard time believing he will live up to the hype.  I hope it works out for you.   21 still isn't too bad though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure I will throw in a bid or two.  Mostly though just to make sure he goes for really high.  

Brees isn't one of the couple QB's I'm looking at.  This year may be a beautiful disaster....
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aaron Hernandez

Ryan Mathews

A lot of people have Mathews really high this year on their boards.  I have a hard time believing he will live up to the hype.  I hope it works out for you.   21 still isn't too bad though.

baring injury he is a top three player, BUT i have doubts that he stays healthy

So is Darren McFadden.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Ryan Matthews is going to uncork this year.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aaron Hernandez
Ryan Mathews

baring injury he is a top three player, BUT i have doubts that he stays healthy

So is Darren McFadden.

Another player I passed on as a keeper. He is possibly the best of all when healthy, which isnt often.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Guys, it's pretty clear to me paadams is not returning. He has not posted at all in this thread, nor has he paid. In the interest of the league I think we need ot fill that spot ASAP.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Guys, it's pretty clear to me paadams is not returning. He has not posted at all in this thread, nor has he paid. In the interest of the league I think we need ot fill that spot ASAP.

Thoughts?

Let me pick up another spot in the league. That way I can trade with myself to maybe have a chance at finishing better than last.

it's just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Thoughts?

I sent you an IM with a possible fill in. I am contacting him right now to see if he is interested.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Thoughts?

I presume you've tried site IM and email.

You could always edit the title of the thread to show that there's a spot open.  You'll get a response in minutes from an ARFcommer that frequents the Sports Forum.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

I presume you've tried site IM and email.

You could always edit the title of the thread to show that there's a spot open.  You'll get a response in minutes from an ARFcommer that frequents the Sports Forum.

Yeah, I would at least try contacting him.  I don't visit this forum that much when it's not football season so I could see how someone might forget.  

I am guessing you have already done that though.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Definitely keeping Jordy.

Can't decide whether to keep Brandon Marshall as well...
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Skip Bayless thinks Marshall could be as good as Megatron this year.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I just sent him another IM and email. Only sent an IM last week.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#48]
It would be really disappointing to see a GM leave a keeper league after a single season.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Skip Bayless thinks Marshall could be as good as Megatron this year.

Skip should go work in his brother's kitchen.  He has been really kooky lately........
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It would be really disappointing to see a GM leave a keeper league after a single season.  

He just emailed me and said he's in and joined the league already. Just need to get him paid and squared away.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top