Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2017 8:32:58 AM EDT
Got an ASUS desktop that has been great for the 7 or 8 years I've owned it, and looking to get a laptop.
Are the ASUS laptops as good as the desktops?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Same experience with Asus motherboards.  I still use one that I built in 2004.

The Asus ZenPad tablets are very good.  Therefore, I would also give their laptops a thumbs up.  Have you read reviews in CNet and other places that review this kind of sruff?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Asus generally makes good stuff, I've always had good luck with their components. Lenovo and Asus are typically regarded as the two best overall laptop manufacturers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Asus is good shit.  They're gtg.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are the ASUS laptops as good as the desktops?
View Quote

Well the thread title asked if the laptops were good but the thread body had the question comparing them to the desktops. I have not used the desktops but I do have an Asus ROG computer. When I bought it for school (heavy data processing for my science phd program) it was already a year or two old tech. 3 years later it is still running strong. I've never had a laptop last more than 2 years, battery included. This one still lasts 2hrs on a battery and can still play some games. I'll be upgrading in a year maybe.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about their laptops, but I had an ASUS Transformer tablet that worked great for a few years until they stopped updating it. Now it's pretty much worthless.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
My current asus laptop has lasted longer than my last two HPs combined.

There's little things that have come up (the smart gesture mouse pad seemed to get dumb) but that was fixed with a restart.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had an Asus Zenbook and now, the K501UW series.  I don't know how Asus does it but they stuff good quality parts into slim bodies, making them great for traveling without sacrificing performance.
I never use my MacBook Pro anymore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Purchased one 18 months ago. 16GB mem with Intel i5 processor.
Not a single problem, editing pictures and video without any issues too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
ASUS laptops are good to go
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Always had good luck with Asus laptops in the family.Now looking to replace my 10yr old Sony Vaio with one.Found one I liked at a reasonable price on Amazon.Went out of town for a week and the price jumped $150.00.WTF!

Where can I get the best price on a Asus or Lenovo laptop? Online preferably,only close retail store is Best Buy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Right now I'm on an Asus ROG gaming laptop I bought in 2014 and it is still the best computer I've owned by far.  The display is still perfect and simply stunning.  It had Windows 8 when I bought it but it has survived all the upgrades required to stay current and still boots up quickly.  It came with very little bloatware.  If it goes tango uniform tomorrow I'll buy the current version of what I have and carry on.

BTW I'm not a gamer.  Before I retired from the seismic survey business a fast portable computer was a necessary tool and I found gaming laptops to handle the job well.  The Sager I had before this one lasted about five years of hard use on the road and in the field.  This Asus was not cheap but it was about half what the Sager cost and though it is a large laptop it has a nicer keyboard and display.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
ASUS = A-OK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top