Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 6:23:34 AM EDT
I'm going back to the US for a few weeks and need a SIM card for my iPhone. I use it for general calling and the usual apps, and will need to have the gps maps working.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've never used a SIM card in the US, and there are a lot of options out there.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the iPhone, and what area you plan on being in.

Freedom Pop  -- They're a Sprint MVNO, and also use AT&T for their LTE networks.    $25/month for unlimited talk/text and 2GB data @ Full Speed

Straight Talk -- They're a Verizon MVNO   $45/month for Unlimited Talk/Text and 5GB data @ LTE (then 128Kbps after that)
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can we assume your phone is not vendor locked?
That's a big thing here - not sure about the rest of the globe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Be careful, check the bands used by the phones radio and compare against sim provider bands.  In your area of coverage.  Some providers offer dfifferent bands, be you know what you get
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#4]
It's unlocked, it's the kind where the sim card comes out, made for the overseas market.  Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top