Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 2:14:27 PM EDT
Any of yall taken it recently? Any advice?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good test taking skills will help, there are a lot of tricky questions where multiple answers will be correct but they specifically want the "Best" answer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good test taking skills will help, there are a lot of tricky questions where multiple answers will be correct but they specifically want the "Best" answer.
View Quote
I did fine on exams in college. Seems as if I'll be fine if I can remember the audio and voltage equations I'll be OK.

It seems like a lot of the questions are project manager and bid/quote/sales oriented.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Passed the test by the skin of my teeth. The 3day prep class didn't do shit really. If you take it make sure to have a very solid grasp on AV essentials and networking.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Whats the CTS for? quick search seem to indicate a general IT certificate?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats the CTS for? quick search seem to indicate a general IT certificate?
View Quote
It's an audio video industry certification granted by InfoComm International.  There are some basic IT elements mixed in but it's mostly inputs,  outputs,  sources,  audio and displays. A lot of customer service and project management stuff too.

AV and IT have merged or are in the process of merging though. A lot of control, monitoring and programming is IP based now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top