Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 11:06:01 AM EDT
I but this over in the Music thread too and didn't get a lot of feedback and hoping for more over here.

I'm looking into 2 or 3 speakers for around the house. Sonos is the name everyone know's but I hear Bose has something similar out. Any experience you could share I would appreciate it. I do not have an AMP and speaker setup so these will be stand along speakers placed in a few rooms around the house.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine has the Sonos, it's solid and works really well. Their app is also nice, laid out well, and feature rich. Another buddy liked  the Sonos setup so well he bought the Bose to try it out. He kept it a week and returned it. App was not laid out well and didn't have near the features as the Sonos. He now owns a Sonos system.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the money for Sonos I would go for it. Solid from everything I've heard. I don't have the $$$ so I just use a couple Raspberry Pi's throughout the house. It's not as seamless but I'm happy.

EDIT just saw the thread in GD. Glad you're happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Sonos Play 1 for a stand alone sounds great.  I think I paid $179 for it on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Play3 is great for bigger rooms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top