Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 10:27:23 PM EDT
I've been messing around building a NVR of sorts at home.   I'm using Raspberry Pi Zeros for my cameras and a 3 for viewing and storing video or images.   I'm at the point where I would like to make the darkness brighter and I am looking at IR sources.   My cameras can see IR since I bought NoIR cameras, and I've got a cheap iR light from Amazon that sort of/kind of works.  I can see it, but it doesn't light up the yard the way I would like.   

Anyone have some good / inexpensive suggestions for IR lights to work with the cameras?   Does anyone make something more energy efficient than an incandescent bulb that I can use that will fit in a normal light socket?   I've got one of the 2 socket floodlights on the back of the house and a LED for white light and some sort of IR source might be nice if it existed.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently out of stock, but is this what you're looking for? Covert IR bulb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top