Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:13:25 PM EDT
I live in an area with weak cell phone reception.  I can usually make calls outside the house, while inside it is pretty hit or miss. I am planning on replacing my cell phone because it is 4 years old and the battery is not holding a charge worth a damn.  

Is there a difference between the quality of the radio in different cell phones?  In other words, could I improve my ability to make calls based on the phone I am using? What phone has the best reception?

For what it is worth, I am in the android universe. 

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
years ago i put my samsung galaxy 1 next to the wifes motorola something or other.  moto always had a better signal.

not sure h ow much difference nowadays.

but they can always tweek the software to make the signal look better

just make sure it has a user replaceable battery and an sd slot
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
All pretty much the same now days. If you have wifi at home then you can do wifi-calling which works good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
though they are almost all the same any more
I think it's kinda luck of the draw

my son and I usually get the same phones, seems like one of us always winds up with a phone that works better in one place or another
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#4]
To tell you the honest truth, I haven't looked at phone specs to that deep of and inspection level. If it's like two way radio specs, you'll want something that will pull a 5% Baud Error Rate at the weakest signal level.

Anyway, VoLTE and WiFi Calling have really changed the home game these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top