Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 12:55:12 PM EDT
Hey guys - I've been a .Net/SQL developer for about 20 years.  I enjoy the work but 20 years is a long time.  Recently I had the opportunity to complete the Security+ and CISSP exams.
I would like to leverage my development skills if possible - perhaps in something of a hybrid role but having trouble finding such a job.  Anyone have tips on how to move into the security space and still leverage my development background?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Send resumes to security companies. Find one that deals with .gov or hospitals.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for Appsec or DevSecOps opportunities. I'd say look back at all the .Net code you've written or code you're intimately familiar with, can you tell where vulnerabilities exist in the code / can you say how the code can be hardened. That would seem to be closest to your comfort zone, once you feel confident in that you can get a gig in plenty of orgs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top