Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2016 12:42:39 AM EDT
I want to hook up my iPhone 5 to the tv and mirror the stuff on the screen, Netflix for instance.

Would this work?

It looks like I'll need a hdmi cable to go from the adapter to the tv too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The reviews on that thing are pretty shitty.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It will mirror to the television, but the output will be in 720p (your TV is likely 1080), so depending on your television it will either upscale it to 1080 or the display may not cover the whole screen.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#5]
An Apple TV box might work for home where I can hook it up to my internet but I'm looking for something I can use at work, on the boat, when we are tied up. That's why I want something that I can hook up to my phone that has unlimited 4g.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An Apple TV box might work for home where I can hook it up to my internet but I'm looking for something I can use at work, on the boat, when we are tied up. That's why I want something that I can hook up to my phone that has unlimited 4g.
View Quote

If your iPhone has hotspot ability,(you'd likely have to be jailbroken since you have unlimited data). You could buy a used Apple TV and get wifi to it from your iphone. You could use any streaming box that way.

But if you have limited service and have to watch stored movies from the phone, a cable like that is about your only option.

There's probably several ways to go about it if you always have strong 4g.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top