Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 11:59:40 AM EDT
This morning there is an email in the wifes inbox from google.  Seems someone in Indiana logged into her google account on a Mac using firefox.

She changed her google password, but I'm not sure what she should do next?  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This morning there is an email in the wifes inbox from google.  Seems someone in Indiana logged into her google account on a Mac using firefox.

She changed her google password, but I'm not sure what she should do next?  

View Quote

change all passwords for good measure.

clean up plugins on firefox.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
She does not use firefox, she uses chrome.   She said she doesn't allow google to save passwords and credit card info.  I wonder, though, how much of that is saved anyway.

ETA: it was her gmail account, not her google account.  She doesn't have a google account set up.  She just uses the gmail for some odds and ends, nothing important.  She changed her gmail password.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She does not use firefox, she uses chrome.   She said she doesn't allow google to save passwords and credit card info.  I wonder, though, how much of that is saved anyway.

ETA: it was her gmail account, not her google account.  She doesn't have a google account set up.  She just uses the gmail for some odds and ends, nothing important.  She changed her gmail password.  

View Quote

Two factor authentication: Use it.

Google Account = Gmail account. Google is a suite of applications. Your Google Account allows you to authenticate to Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Docs, and any other application you allow your Google Account to OAuth for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If she reused that password on any other sites then those passwords should be changed (an unique) as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top