Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
Just like the title says I have been trying to figure a workaround, adding the website to Java exception list is not working.

The website is

http://public.mcrecorder.org/External/User/protected/MessageCenter.aspx

I have been using an older version of Java that did not have the  problem but after updating past version 7.25 I can't view the documents online.

Talked to the tech support and they told me to make sure to have the latest version of Java installed and maybe it was isolated to the PC I was using, I told them I have the same problem on 5 pcs and the 7.25-latest versions was what was causing the problems.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Downgrade Java.

Our corporate overlords forced Java 1.8 updates on us. Nobody seems to give a flying fuck that it breaks shit. I had an audit last week and needed to get into the SiteMinder console to grab screenshots showing our password policies. Too bad SM doesn't work with the latest JRE. I'm a software developer so I go to launch my IDE only to get an error that there's no JDK. They removed the 1.7 JDK I'd been using. No big deal, I'll just point to the new JRE until I can get the JDK. Fuck me. The dumb fucks installed a fucking 32-bit JRE so my 64-bit IDE won't start.

I can't install shit or fix it myself because they took fucking admin rights away from everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top