Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2016 9:43:56 AM EDT
It is Monday morning - a time when I often sit in my office and ponder my poor life choices.

Which brings me to this: CMake sucks.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Most software sucks.

If hardware was released the same way software was, everything would be on fire.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
MS SQL Server sucks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Javascript sucks.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]
All software sucks when it is inappropriately and poorly implemented.  Most just don't (won't, really) realize that this is the problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The original version (for Windows 3.1) of Formflow.  Used it in the Air Force in '94 - '96(ish) for filling out performance reports, and I swear someone designed it as a psychological torture experiment.

The program would lose track of the cursor, meaning that clicking on a line and editing would about 10% of the time result in text being changed one or two lines away from where the cursor was displayed.

ANY file command, including save or print, also had about a 10% chance of deleting all of the data in the form and saving the now blank form over whatever file you were working on.

In addition in early versions of Windows, printers typically came with their own in fonts,which were installed into the local windows folder and used for display.  This meant that when/if you DID get the form completed and tried to print, the results varied significantly from computer to computer depending on what printer was installed.  Some reports actually made it into official records with missing lines, because the final printout was done on a different printer that caused a line to spill a single character onto the next line, displacing the last line in a group off the bottom.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Citrix
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Javascript sucks.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been using a NetScaler persistent desktop to do some vSphere stuff for a client and it is rock solid with a local-desktop hardware level of performance.

Quoted:
Citrix
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Almost all Accounting and ERP / MRP software sucks.

MAS90, Peachtree, 4th Shift.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just stumbled on this thread, but AIMI Ebook software for FFL's is a giant piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All software sucks when it is inappropriately and poorly implemented.  Most just don't (won't, really) realize that this is the problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

SAP (ess a pah in the words of a former boss) HANA even when implemented to spec sucked.  It didn't have HA failover and got alzheimers with in memory data more than once.  leaked memory, in an expensive memory appliance.  

But other than that SAP is awesome, especially the pricing model(s).  basis for my hatred of sap goes back to basis.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I challenge anyone to beat this:  IBM WebSphere Application Server
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm....

*nods*

I will allow it.  Any objections are overruled.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Cortana Sucks
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top