Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 7:26:05 PM EDT
Sick of their popups, sick of their hijacks...and just now came in, hijacked my FF, every webpage was .avg.whatever....no wifi connextion!!!!!

It took three tries to get all THREE ABG programs off my laptop and out of FF, but its gone!

Ive had AVG for years on everything. Fuck them.
Now that Imon the net butt ass naked, what do I use??  
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebyte for over 15 years now- no issues with malware.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Windows8/10 comes with antivirus and antimalware built in.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebyte for over 15 years now- no issues with malware.
View Quote

Ditto this x 10
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!

Avg used to be the belle of the ball. I guess they needed more pop-ups. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

MSE sucks donkey balls; absolutely no malware protection.  Avast or Bitdefender.  Avira is also good if you don't mind daily nag screens.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Bitdefender and am running a paid license I got on a deal.  It's pretty nice, because it's pretty much an unlimited license for home use.  You login to their website, and if you're on a machine that it is not installed on you can install from there.  It even has a client for phones, and I have it installed on mine.  I should probably install it on the wife's phone as well.

I usually consult AV-Comparatives, but Bitdefender has been on the top for a while.  Kaspersky is good, along with Avast! and Avira.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top