Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 9:31:00 PM EDT
Well my Linksys dd-wrt router bit the big one. Am looking for a new router and was wondering if a non dd-wrt will work for me.

I have a Linksys client bridge (dd-wrt) in my basement hooked up to my pre wifi Panasonic plasma tv and direct tv receiver.

I also have a Linksys repeater (dd-wrt) set up in my shop (metal building) about 150 ft away from the house.

My main router is in an office on the main floor of my house, about 1200 square feet.

My question is, can I use an ASUS AC1900 router with my system? I would like to get rid of the repeater in the shop.

Which ASUS AC 1900 router do I need, seems to be a bunch of them or is there another choice that would suit me better?

What is dd-wrt and what does it do for me, good or bad? Am I asking the right questions?

Thanks for the help.

sandfantom

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see the concern.  I long ran a mix of DD-WRT and Ubiquiti.  Recently retired one of my linksys DD-WRT working as a G AP.  It is yours if you want it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply and the offer.

I went ahead and ordered an ASUS RT68  AC1900, it's dd-wrt compatable if I decide to go that way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top