Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 10:21:10 PM EDT
I bought a laptop and wanted a second charger. Contacted Acer, gave them the model number. They said The laptop was a new model and it took them a minute to find the model charger.

Got the charger today and it is a bit smaller. Compared the specs with the one that came with the laptop.

Original charger:
Input 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz
Output 19v 3.42A

New Charger:
Input 100-240V~1.2A 50-60Hz
Output 19V 2.37A

The new charger fits and seems to work Should I be concerned?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
New charger may take longer to fully recharge than the original, with that lower amperage - other than that, it pushes electrons at the correct voltage through the correct connector, so it will still work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New charger may take longer to fully recharge than the original, with that lower amperage - other than that, it pushes electrons at the correct voltage through the correct connector, so it will still work.
View Quote

That's what I figured. Bought it just to keep in my bag for when I want to take it on the go. As long as it will keep it on while plugged in I'm happy.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top