Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2016 9:37:42 AM EDT
If you guys aren't watching this, you need to start. It's the nerd version of Breaking Bad.

It's an HBO show. Season 3 is showing now.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
After watching the video that Subnet posted of the "middle out" dick scene where they're in the hotel room, I had to binge watch the series.  It's hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a great show for sure.  Monica is super hot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After watching the video that Subnet posted of the "middle out" dick scene where they're in the hotel room, I had to binge watch the series.  It's hilarious.
View Quote

My wife was watching it, told me about that episode and we watched it.  After that I caught up and we're enjoying it.  I like all of the geek humor and attempts to tie in real things (Github repositories, TechCrunch/Disrupt, etc.)

She will often ask, "is that a real thing?" like the tabs vs. spaces holy war.  They must have some coding experience or advisers for the show.

Just what I'd expect from Mike Judge.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
"Halt and Catch Fire"

Not a comedy.  Extremely good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Halt and Catch Fire"

View Quote

I concur and I cant wait for the new season to start.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Halt and Catch Fire"

View Quote

that is also a good series.
fucking clippy mad an appearance on the last episode.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent show and funny as hell.  Some of the writers/producers HAVE to have worked in the valley for some of the big boys.  There are scenes sprinkled here and there that are just too accurate of this particular industry and that place/culture to be coincidental.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe I read that one of the big wigs at Twitter helps out with the show.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
That would make a lot of sense.  Like I said, there are nuanced jokes sprinkled throughout the show that the average watcher would think are quirky or amusing but that I and others with similar backgrounds in the industry and the valley recognize as based on real incidents or cultural practices.

Quoted:
I believe I read that one of the big wigs at Twitter helps out with the show.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Excellent show and funny as hell.  Some of the writers/producers HAVE to have worked in the valley for some of the big boys.  There are scenes sprinkled here and there that are just too accurate of this particular industry and that place/culture to be coincidental.
View Quote

I'll have to check it out.  I've been in the chip making business for thirty two years now.  I spent a lot of time in Silicon valley as a Field Service Engineer in the 80's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read an interview with Mike Judge, and he said he learned after the fact from real venture capitalists that the money being offered for Ped Piper is way lower than the real market would bear.  He was concerned their cash figures were still on the unrealistically high side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top