Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 9:52:14 AM EDT

I've seen the standard consumer access point products, and they are not what I'm looking for. I want a wired bridge to feed an access router for my home network. We're dumping U-Verse for TV, and since I have a lightly used 30g data plan with AT&T, I want to look at dropping the data portion of U-Verse too.

I am passingly familiar with Cradlepoint products, though I'll have to do some research to figure out which of their products is most appropriate. What other brands/products should I be considering?

I'm not adverse to a roll-your-own answer, like a Raspberry Pi and USB LTE adapter, but I will need reliability and speed out of it. A cool project that will need regular tweaking or can't maintain decent data speed is not appropriate in this case.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I've seen the standard consumer access point products, and they are not what I'm looking for. I want a wired bridge to feed an access router for my home network. We're dumping U-Verse for TV, and since I have a lightly used 30g data plan with AT&T, I want to look at dropping the data portion of U-Verse too.
I am passingly familiar with Cradlepoint products, though I'll have to do some research to figure out which of their products is most appropriate. What other brands/products should I be considering?
I'm not adverse to a roll-your-own answer, like a Raspberry Pi and USB LTE adapter, but I will need reliability and speed out of it. A cool project that will need regular tweaking or can't maintain decent data speed is not appropriate in this case.
View Quote
I setup a basic one for a buddy it is configured like this and runs pretty great    android hotspot -> Win7 PC w/ICS -> router running as switch and AP

The PC use to have 2 wireless cards and connected to the internal AP via WiFi this was fairly reliable but I would have to stop by once or twice a year to connect the proper wireless adapter to the correct network - now that the PC is wired to the router it has been running nice and smooth.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Here you go
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000807
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
nice.. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
one of these
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X313u+ATT+.TRS5&_nkw=313u+ATT+&_sacat=0
+
one of these
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=mbr95&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmbr1200b.TRS1&_nkw=mbr1200b&_sacat=0

We use a lot of these combo in commercial projects.  Works great.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If the LTE card is one supported by Router OS…Mikrotik would have lower cost but just as effective systems as Cradlepoint and even Cisco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top