User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, tell that to the 200 customers that would then have degraded service.  Did you pick a clean channel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because he's remote does not mean there isn't stuff to step on.  Because it's remote means the use of P2P and P2Multi is actually higher, and you could be causing some poor wireless engineer a massive headache when you're done with this.

That's my plan: to cause as much headache as possible for the "poor" (likely overpaid) wireless engineer that wanted $8500 to install a $200 system.

Well, tell that to the 200 customers that would then have degraded service.  Did you pick a clean channel?

Nope, picked the most clogged channel there was so I could walk all over everybody!!!!

If you can't tell by now, your less than helpful comments and posts have worn me down and I don't give a shit what you say anymore. I've gotten plenty of help from others. I really don't care if you're the smartest man on this forum, if you come across as prude and can't effectively communicate it doesn't mean squat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nope, picked the most clogged channel there was so I could walk all over everybody!!!!

If you can't tell by now, your less than helpful comments and posts have worn me down and I don't give a shit what you say anymore. I've gotten plenty of help from others. I really don't care if you're the smartest man on this forum, if you come across as prude and can't effectively communicate it doesn't mean squat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because he's remote does not mean there isn't stuff to step on.  Because it's remote means the use of P2P and P2Multi is actually higher, and you could be causing some poor wireless engineer a massive headache when you're done with this.

That's my plan: to cause as much headache as possible for the "poor" (likely overpaid) wireless engineer that wanted $8500 to install a $200 system.

2.4 Ghz Band? Clean channel?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2.4 Ghz Band? Clean channel?

http://www.blaisehartley.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/What+is+this+I+don+t+even.jpg

You shut up, OP thinks you're overpaid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I spend easily 33% of my day trying to get customers to understand why their WiFi is not getting faster and its not their ISPs fault.

And when they ask me how much, I tell them you cant afford it. Its not worth getting paid to do that job and have the customer call you until the end of time bitching.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I spend easily 33% of my day trying to get customers to understand why their WiFi is not getting faster and its not their ISPs fault.

And when they ask me how much, I tell them you cant afford it. Its not worth getting paid to do that job and have the customer call you until the end of time bitching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are saying I don't need the AP in the same room as my office at 100% power?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So you are saying I don't need the AP in the same room as my office at 100% power?
View Quote

It depends on your needs. Do you make whole or part of your living over the devices in your office? Do you run apps that are constantly exchanging data over this connection? Do you require something with full duplex network connection in this location? Do you run any apps that require low latency (ping) to operate efficiently? Do you do any computer or console gaming in this location?

If you answer yes to any of the above you shouldn't be using a WiFi connection to your router. The words "office" and "WiFi" shouldn't be used together unless absolutely necessary. WiFi is a connection of convenience, and should never be thought to be 100% reliable to deliver the 5 9's of uptime.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top