Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:10:45 PM EDT
I was running 2 in SLI...I want good performance and want to retain the ability to do SLI...

This is in an old dell XPS720 with the kentsfield processor..
Running Windows 7
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Price range?

It's also way past time to upgrade that CPU, so leave room in your budget to upgrade your, well, everything in that computer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Price range?
It's also way past time to upgrade that CPU, so leave room in your budget to upgrade your, well, everything in that computer.
View Quote

This. A modern graphics card capable of running a modern game is going to be very upset with that processor.

It's time for a new computer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll echo what others are saying.  You need to upgrade literally everything.

If you are not keen on doing this and really just want to drop in a new video card, you can do it without spending too much coin.  I'd probably buy a 750 Ti.

eta:  Here's a 750 Ti for $90 after $25 rebate.  Doubt you'll find it much cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I will 4th or 5th the stated sentiments

Leave the computer as is, use it for something else, use money for building a new box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top