Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2015 5:40:59 PM EDT
I have a server and 2 laptops on the network.   One laptop can connect to the shared drivers but the other says:
\\servername is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.
Contact the admin… blah blah
A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have been terminated.

I’ve had this working before but can’t figure out what’s happening now.    I can remote desktop from both laptops to the server.

Windows Server 2012 and two Win10 laptops.

There are actually 4 laptops and 2 servers if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Software firewall installed on the one that isn't working?
View Quote

I don't think so, I do have ESET running on the laptop that won't connect but that isn't new.  I have done a fresh Win10 install on the laptop so something might have changed there but Win10 is running on the laptop that does connect.   They both worked before with Win10 on both, I reinstalled on the problem one because it didn't automatically upgrade to the latest release.  (10162)
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
DNS issue?

Try:
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Then reboot
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DNS issue?

Try:
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Then reboot
View Quote

On the server?  I did a fresh install of Win10 since I've had this problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DNS issue?

Try:
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Then reboot

No, on the laptop that can't connect to the network drive.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Share permissions, or NTFS permissions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
OP if your issue is resolved please fill out the quality survey

http://questionpro.com/t/ALhoWZStmB
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Still working on it, the job and family have kept me busy.   I'll be back.

EDA: Thanks for the help so far!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally figured out what I had to do.

\\MicrosoftAccount\Administrator  (Where 'MicrosoftAccount') is the email address I used to set up Win10 on this laptop.
Password

From the other laptop I was able to sign on with just 'Administrator'.   I guess setting up this laptop with Win10 and using the Microsoft account as my sign on made it different.  (Shrug)
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

\\MicrosoftAccount\Administrator  (Where 'MicrosoftAccount') is the email address I used to set up Win10 on this laptop.
Password

From the other laptop I was able to sign on with just 'Administrator'.   I guess setting up this laptop with Win10 and using the Microsoft account as my sign on made it different.  (Shrug)
View Quote

Please fill out the quality survey.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Password

No, thank you.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, thank you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Password

No, thank you.  

Sir, we need data to gauge the quality of the technical support we provided for you. Please fill out the quality survey.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Please, do the needful.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing I've learned about project management, is that when end users desire professional, knowledgeable responses, to solve issues they should in turn be professional end users.

Without a quality survey completion, the data can't be compiled and there is no knowledge base to reference which hurts OTHER end user experiences. Especially with the windrows 10 roll out other people might have this or similar issues, and by using the survey responses can be streamlined by knowing what worked and what didn't, saving everyone time. Communication is a two way street.  This is a tech forum, not google.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One thing I've learned about project management, is that when end users desire professional, knowledgeable responses, to solve issues they should in turn be professional end users.

Without a quality survey completion, the data can't be compiled and there is no knowledge base to reference which hurts OTHER end user experiences. Especially with the windrows 10 roll out other people might have this or similar issues, and by using the survey responses can be streamlined by knowing what worked and what didn't, saving everyone time. Communication is a two way street.  This is a tech forum, not google.

View Quote

Is this an AR15.COM sponsored survey?
The answer was supplied above.
If I want to know how to install a barrel should I google or ask in the appropriate AR15.COM forum?   Should I be asked to fill out a survey in that forum after someone helps me?

I appreciate the input but I'm not filling out a survey every time I ask a question in a technical forum.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sir, we need data to gauge the quality of the technical support we provided for you. Please fill out the quality survey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Password

No, thank you.  

Who is 'we'?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is this an AR15.COM sponsored survey?

The answer was supplied above.

If I want to know how to install a barrel should I google or ask in the appropriate AR15.COM forum?   Should I be asked to fill out a survey in that forum after someone helps me?

I appreciate the input but I'm not filling out a survey every time I ask a question in a technical forum.

View Quote
No, it's the IT professionals donating time to help members with questions sponsored survey. If you don't want to take it, you don't want to take it. Filling out quality surveys is HOW you show appreciation to IT guys.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top