Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2015 1:15:43 PM EDT
I'm looking to upgrade our SSL VPN box at the office here.

The end users are a few different types, remote desktop, network resource shares, Team Foundation Server access, Microsoft SL access.   There are a handful of appliances out there and everyone has an opinion on them.  A couple of friends have suggested the Juniper Pulse SA2500, Barracuda has a SSL VPN 480 that looks like it may work as well.  Anybody have experience with either unit or another one that you use and like.

On a snow day we may have 50 connected users.  I don't see us going over 100 concurrent vpn sessions in my time here.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider rolling your own vs. investing in proprietary hardware with expensive licensing.  I use SoftEther VPN
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on the user counts - Aruba 650/3600/7200 series controllers, Cisco ISRs, Microsoft Direct Access.

Build up your PKI, use EC certs, boom.  Easy IPSEC VPN.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider rolling your own vs. investing in proprietary hardware with expensive licensing.  I use SoftEther VPN
View Quote

I never recommend rolling your own for edge devices or concentrstors that are critical. The risk assessment doesn't justify the cost savings or the lack of continuity.

OP both are excellent units and will meet your needs. These days I'm partial to Sophos UTMs, and you should check them out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Cisco ASA + AnyConnect client.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the feedback gentlemen, I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Also consider adding two factor auth for all remote access.

ASA 5508-X Max 100 VPN Users

ASA 5516-X Max 300 VPN Users

Look at Any Connect V4 licenses for VPN you can do subscription so a pay as you grow thing but 100 Licenses is around $60 a year. Anyconnect V4 is now required for PCI compliance from a TLS and SSL support functionality.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This can't be stressed enough.  We use two-factor (username/password + certificate) and in some cases three-factor (username/password + certificate + Duo Security).  Duo is well worth the money regardless of whether or not you use certificates.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This can't be stressed enough.  We use two-factor (username/password + certificate) and in some cases three-factor (username/password + certificate + Duo Security).  Duo is well worth the money regardless of whether or not you use certificates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We use Duo Security as well. I also use it on my personal networks. Its one of the best solutions on the market.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We use Duo Security as well. I also use it on my personal networks. Its one of the best solutions on the market.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've started using Duo for CJIS environments,  I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top