Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 6:52:51 PM EDT
OK I have a very smart almost 15 year old boy but he has a problem and that is waking up in time for school. Alarm clock we bought is always having problems we set up his alarm on his phone but because he bring the phone to school he has the ringer turned off and always forgets to turn it back on! I don't have a Iphone so I don't know what apps to look at my wife use to have an app on her droid that even if the phone was turned off it would turn back on and the alarm would ring we can't remember the app's name or less if the have it for Iphone so please any help would be great!

If he is turning off the app now then I know its him and he will get a good old Marine Corp wake up call! Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Have him leave the ringer on while at school but set the "Do Not Disturb" feature already in the iOS "Settings" for school hours.  It will not ring for calls unless it also has the option for "Favorites Only" enabled, then any contact favorite will still ring during the set hours.  Be sure only select contacts are "Favorite" enabled, such as family members, etc.  You may also want to disable Vibrate on the ringer setting, since these can usually be heard in a quiet environment.

I have mine set for overnight hours and it works well.  I also have the flash notification turned on, so that goes off and I can tell if I am getting a call while I'm awake.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The iPhone alarm will still work even with the ringer turner off.  Even with the do-not-disturb on it will wake you up.  I've used it and it works.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The iPhone alarm will still work even with the ringer turner off.  Even with the do-not-disturb on it will wake you up.  I've used it and it works.
View Quote
this

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Well if it was a android I would say alarm clock plus.  It makes me do math to hit the snooze button or dismiss it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The problem isn't the phone.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Bucket of cold water will wake him up just fine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem isn't the phone.  
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top