Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We've been talking about running a 11 GHz GB/s link out to a town 11 miles east of Lubbock to provide internet to those down in a canyon.

Tuesday I start a summer internship at Chevron...I'll be dealing primarily with 11 GHz links.
View Quote

Good.  We've been impressed with their performance and reliability.  The only issue we've had was that lighting strike near by fried a PoE, but it did its job and protected the radio.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Only Nexus I have much experience with is the 3048 I put into the top of our rack since I got it so ridiculously cheap. It's a nice switch. It's too bad it doesn't get to work very hard where it is haha.
View Quote

when I was at AT&T Wireless a few years ago I was putting in nexus' for the LTE rollout, lots of them.  we were etherchanneling 80G bundles around the DCs using the nxOS nifty vPC feature.  that amount of data still boggles my mind.  but the vPC as actually about as close to SDN as Ive dealt with so far, and calling it SDN is kinda a stretch in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have any suggestion for date and time?

If presenters want to coordinate via email, my gmail address is also my screen name.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds fun, I would definitely listen in. Too green to present anything though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm up for it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#7]
How long is this first session planned to be?  How many presentations and how long is each one?

I could see some of these taking 30 minutes with a Q&A.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How long is this first session planned to be?  How many presentations and how long is each one?

View Quote

Smart money says this one goes off the rails inside of the first 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially if beer is involved
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Next two weeks are bonkers for me... couldn't do it until about mid-June or later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have any suggestion for date and time?

If presenters want to coordinate via email, my gmail address is also my screen name.

Next two weeks are bonkers for me... couldn't do it until about mid-June or later.

Same, as of today.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wait... was somebody suggesting that beer NOT be involved?

Because that would be a grave moral evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially if beer is involved

Wait... was somebody suggesting that beer NOT be involved?

Because that would be a grave moral evil.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
So have we decided how this will be done?

Broadcast?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in, listening only. Sounds fascinating.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So have we decided how this will be done?

Broadcast?
View Quote

Yeah, it looks like with a google hangout you can transcode live to a youtube channel.  I'll probably set one up specifically for this, so we can make it a regular thing in the future if this goes well.  Hangouts also supports screensharing so those presenting can do power point slides or demo something live if they so desire.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Later today I will be contacting everyone listed as a presenter and providing my email so we can start coordinating free/busy info, expect IMs forthwith.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Id like to do my session, just not anytime soon.  I have to recert my ccnp by 3 weeks, the CS class im taking, work, getting old house ready to rent out.  im tapped out for the next month at least.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Id like to do my session, just not anytime soon.  I have to recert my ccnp by 3 weeks, the CS class im taking, work, getting old house ready to rent out.  im tapped out for the next month at least.
View Quote

Same here. I had a 4am conference call jam that ended a 3:00pm. The end result is that my workload has increased to "see you again, someday, maybe, I hope" levels.

Lesson learned: competence is rewarded with beatings.. Feeling good about the competence part, though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I have no problem holding off until after June or whenever.  Also you guys need to send me an email so my OCD will stop bugging me
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have no problem holding off until after June or whenever.  Also you guys need to send me an email so my OCD will stop bugging me
View Quote

Bustincaps at ye ole arfcom domain, bruh
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking send the email goddamn it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa...looks like someone's got a case of the Fridays.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitch I will cut you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bitch I will cut you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitch I will cut you.

Don't make me drop your TLS1 for SSL2 and ram a POODLE up your ass!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't make me drop your TLS1 for SSL2 and ram a POODLE up your ass!
View Quote

Bitch, it's on!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#27]
So far 5 have responded to my IMs. Come on guys, get me those emails.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, so just an update.  I've got 4 respondents from presenters, and 1 respondent from Subnet as a master of ceremonies.  I'm going to give the others another day or so to respond, but if I don't hear from them I'll move ahead with trying to align schedules to make this happen some time next month.  I will keep this thread updated as things progress.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok, so just an update.  I've got 4 respondents from presenters, and 1 respondent from Subnet as a master of ceremonies.  I'm going to give the others another day or so to respond, but if I don't hear from them I'll move ahead with trying to align schedules to make this happen some time next month.  I will keep this thread updated as things progress.
View Quote

Did I respond?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

i'm sacked with work.  it's 10:15 PM and i am making viewgraphs for the people that pay me.  do you have a better offer?  

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did I send you a response?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did I respond?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I respond?

You did, also as an aside anyone who did respond has their name marked (email confirmed) on the proposal document.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did not.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i'm sacked with work.  it's 10:15 PM and i am making viewgraphs for the people that pay me.  do you have a better offer?  

ar-jedi

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

No
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You did not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did not.

I must apologize...  Life's been hectic. I'm in another airport getting ready for another intl flight to the east coast.

You have an email from me now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I must apologize...  Life's been hectic. I'm in another airport getting ready for another intl flight to the east coast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did not.

Excellent.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:09:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Email sent out to confirmed emails of participants.  Gonna start selecting possible dates.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#39]
BTT

Enigma - I'll just be spectating since MSP is already going to be talked about.  If it needs to be covered further I might be up for the next one.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Holy crap, that looks like some good presentations.

Any dates yet?  Sorry, I haven't read all 6 pages.

ETA: I just looked up a few posts...  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#41]
added my piece to the file.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#42]
ttt
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I sort of met someone when this thread started way back when, then promptly forgot all about ar15.com Maybe when I finally come up for air I might have something, but for now....
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I sort of met someone when this thread started way back when, then promptly forgot all about ar15.com Maybe when I finally come up for air I might have something, but for now....
View Quote

It's ok, I'm like 9 projects deep and I'm trying to stay above water right now as far as work goes.  I haven't forgotten this thread though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow just saw this.. I'm in.

My area of expertise is Infosec, network architecture/design/security; firewalls/ips/ids, TCP/IP, routing.

And counter-strike.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Can you teach a class on how to pwn n00bs?  
View Quote

Put reticle/dot on face, push left mouse button.

You just have to be faster than the other guy

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I just saw this thread.  I'm totally down for this.  I can present on a new way I have found to accomplish hard copy steganography using a standard, consumer-grade printer and scanner.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just saw this thread.  I'm totally down for this.  I can present on a new way I have found to accomplish hard copy steganography using a standard, consumer-grade printer and scanner.
View Quote

That sounds suspiciously like "clamp a secret message between my buttcheeks and flat-bed scan a copy of my ass". Good way to keep people from looking too deep.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top