User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 12:21:56 PM EDT
Start:
HDD  - Veloci Rapter
Ethernet over Power 1G/s
Netgear AC1600 router
QNAP TS-231 NAS
End:

The speed does not change if i use my computer to get to the NAS or if I use a web interface.

SLOW.

what is up?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
check your network interface preference and see what speed it is set up for

may be set to only 100baseT and you have 1000 baseT available.

or may be a bad cable. both the network adapter in the computer and the NAS need to be the same speed

and it may be the WIFI is having interference troubles, try directly hooking into a switch to eliminate that
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you accessing via wire or wireless.  Wireless will always be slow, half duplex vs full duplex.  Also check to make sure the NAS came online as full duplex 1000, I have some seen some appliances get screwy and end up 10m/half.  

When you ping it what does the ping look like?  It should be less than 1ms, anything over 3 points to a possible issue.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Connect via wires. Still slow.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Your router may be shuffling file transfer traffic to the lowest QOS.

Try putting the NAS mac address or IP on a high priority.

For testing sake, try connecting a laptop directly to the NAS and see what sort of speed  you get.

Beyond that check wires:  I realized a couple months ago that the light on my Router on the WAN port had suddenly gone amber instead of green (the router thought its connection was no longer gigabit).   Changed the cable and boom, lots better.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top