Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2015 10:06:36 PM EDT
I have one apple id and one iCloud account.  I would like to create additional @iCloud.com email accounts for other family members with their own user accounts on the same Mac.

Can do?  If yes, how?  If not, .
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have already created user accounts on the computer, but they do not have an email address to create their own apple and iCloud.  This is why I was wanting to get them iCloud email addresses under my existing apple id.  I don't need multiple apple ids, just multiple iCloud email addresses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You can only create one icloud account per apple id.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
just create gmail accounts or something first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
but you can share the cloud with your family

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, coldair.  I don't have a need for that right now, but it's not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
you can also have one itunes account and share what you want with the other users in you cloud family
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
What we do in our family is we each have our own iCloud accounts but say on my wife's phone I signed her out the app store and then signed in with my account. This way we share purchases including IAP's for things like ad removal or premium features in apps. We can also share iTunes gift cards, iTunes Match, ect. But everything else is still on our own personal iCloud accounts.

They do have 'Family Sharing' now but IAP's, iTunes Match, and iTunes gift cards do not share so we stuck with our old method of I just mentioned of sharing App Store and iTunes through my Apple ID but still having our own accounts for everything else (iCloud Photo Library, contacts, mail, iCloud backups, etc).

You can get a free email account with Google or MS to setup an iCloud account for other family members. Then they will have their own @icloud.com email addresses and Apple ID plus an external Google or MS account. I'd personally prefer MS with an @outlook.com address but either will do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Wish apple wiuld add a way to stop autoplay for itunes when i bluetooth in my vehicle. Also a way to not play music from icloud unless i want to include songs not saved on my phone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Wish apple wiuld add a way to stop autoplay for itunes when i bluetooth in my vehicle. Also a way to not play music from icloud unless i want to include songs not saved on my phone.
View Quote

I believe that is the car controlling the phone when connected to BT.

You can hide songs not downloaded to the phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top