Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2015 12:05:09 PM EDT
trying to figure this out....

I have a program I run in windows 7 x64

this program seems to have FBHO disesase.. the damn windows it creates are always on top.
I selected 'print' within one of these windows, and the print dialog pops up BEHIND these windows.
AND... seeing how that box is a sub of the open windows, it's waiting for you to take action in the damn
window that it's covering, and wont let you move or alter them (when I click on them, i get the warning sound)

is this 'always on top' thing something that can be changed in a windows setting or maybe it's built into the program/app?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely it's built into the program. Can you tell us what program it is?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
it's a custom engineering program.

I'm in touch with the producer and waiting on a reply (they're usually pretty good)

Was just wondering if there was a known issues/setting that might be part of Win7
that could get me past this while I wait... right now, I have to kill the process and relaunch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of custom/in house software seems to have really annoying features like that it seems. As far as I know there's nothing built in to windows that allows toggling always on top. There are some free programs that let you force a program to stay on top but I don't know if they could be used in reverse to disable a program from being on top
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of custom/in house software seems to have really annoying features like that it seems. As far as I know there's nothing built in to windows that allows toggling always on top. There are some free programs that let you force a program to stay on top but I don't know if they could be used in reverse to disable a program from being on top
View Quote

no worries.. thanks for your time
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
check in the options menu or setup menu of the program your using a lot of times there is a option in there to have always on top or not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top