Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 3:34:26 PM EDT
I currently have a G500 that the primary button is acting up.

Looking to replace it with something similar. I have gotten so used to button config that I am set in my ways & want something similar. I was thinking the G600 but wanted to get some input.

This mouse lasted about 3yrs, & was hoping it would last a bit longer.

What say you?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
CALLING ALL CYBER-ATHLETES!

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i currently rock a deathadder, amazing, simple, Infrared monster. i avoid laser mice like the plague. higher DPI  is not better.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you a righty? Mionix Naos 8200 if you don't need all those MMO buttons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the logitech g600 cuz I like a lot of buttons.

I also find it better than the razor naga and is usually $20 cheaper
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the logitech g600 cuz I like a lot of buttons.

I also find it better than the razor naga and is usually $20 cheaper
View Quote

I was at the store today & was reading the package & it wasnt exactly all that informative. how many stages of DPI setting do you have? My 500 has 5 programables.

Also, does the wheel depress as another function? I use this for my nades & I am so used to it that I would not like it any other way.

How do you think it compares to the Asus 950 or the Corsair Vengeance 650?

FTR, I tried a G8 & didn't care for it. My son uses it now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is a cyber-athlete like a snowmobiler?

Not really an athlete, but think they are??
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
'nades..... what mouse button for shotty?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#9]
love my mionix nous 8200. it can do 8200dpi but in reality i use about 2800dpi 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
'nades..... what mouse button for shotty?
View Quote

I don't get it...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
love my mionix nous 8200. it can do 8200dpi but in reality i use about 2800dpi 95% of the time.
View Quote

I will look that one up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever tried snowmobiling? it'll make muscles you didn't know you had hurt.

Logitech g9 is my current favorite
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to have a 500 as well, and replaced it when it developed the same issue as yours.  Have since upgraded to a 700 because I decided that I wanted as few wires with my system as possible.  I really like it - it can be run wirelessly until the batteries die (5ish hours), and then if you need it to roll longer you can either replace the AA it uses (comes with an eneloop, and I have a stock of those so that's what I do), or just plug it in and use it in a wired config.  It also has the same basic layout and functions as the 500.

I considered the 600 but it just had too many buttons that looked uncomfortable and that I would never use.

ETA:  One that I almost went with was the G602, which is purely wireless but has an extremely long battery life.  You might check that one out.  The main thing that killed it for me was that it doesn't have the free scrolling mousewheel option like the 500 and 700 do.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
G700s

I swapped from an aging Mx518 - the 700 is just about perfect for what I need
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Long time Razer DA user here....just recently switched to a logitech G502.  It's absolutely awesome.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Logitech G502.

It's wired, but the wire is braided and won't tangle up. I love it. It's optical too. Very comfortable.

I had a Logitech wireless gaming mouse. I always hated having to recharge it.

I've never had a Razor product worth a damn

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think I have ever paid more than $19.95 for a mouse, ever, in my life.

I guess I must be missing something.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't think I have ever paid more than $19.95 for a mouse, ever, in my life.

I guess I must be missing something.

View Quote
You are.

I'ts not a game changa, but it does make movements a lot more smooth and precise. I can switch DPI on the fly with my mouse. However, I typically only set my mouse to a certain DPI that I find comfortable. I can also set 3 different DPI profiles.

With a push of a mouse button, I can instantly momentarily go from 5200dpi to 8200dpi, or whatever I have that profile set to.

But I just deactivate those features because I like to use them as a PTT button for voice chat while in game
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You are.  

I'ts not a game changa, but it does make movements a lot more smooth and precise. I can switch DPI on the fly with my mouse. However, I typically only set my mouse to a certain DPI that I find comfortable. I can also set 3 different DPI profiles.
With a push of a mouse button, I can instantly momentarily go from 5200dpi to 8200dpi, or whatever I have that profile set to.

But I just deactivate those features because I like to use them as a PTT button for voice chat while in game
View Quote

I don't play games, but I do do a lot of map work where being able to drop a waypoint on an exact pixel would be useful.  Plus I experience various mouse issues, which I largely attribute to the fact that my Windows 7 install is going on five years old (you know how the OS slowly seems to turn to crap over time).

May have to look into a slightly more expensive mouse next time around.  I too only run wired mice.

ETA

That Logitech G502 looks like it has surfaces designed to avoid radar reflection, and probably has a faster CPU in it than my first computer.  Are there any similarly equipped (feature wise) devices with more contoured lines and less buttons?  I use two mouse buttons, and the wheel!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top