Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 10:04:19 AM EDT
Anyone familiar with business-class cell repeater systems?  Looking for a ballpark price on a system that could cover my 200k sq ft complex.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
200k sq ft of what? Six story office complex, warehouse, circus tent? What type/density of interior walls to penetrate? Number of users? What bandwidth? CDMA? GSM? Both?  What elevation is your building at in comparison to surrounding structures and topology? What is your range to the nearest carrier tower?

In case you can't tell, there are a lot of factors that play into the equation, this is just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to contact the carrier. Seriously. The fines for doing this and causing interference are not small.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need to contact the carrier. Seriously. The fines for doing this and causing interference are not small.
View Quote
FCC recognizes and approves of the use of boosters/repeaters so long as they work within the guidelines set forth here.

Other good reading here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested as well, been looking at Wilson brand.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
200k sq ft of what? Six story office complex, warehouse, circus tent? What type/density of interior walls to penetrate? Number of users? What bandwidth? CDMA? GSM? Both?  What elevation is your building at in comparison to surrounding structures and topology? What is your range to the nearest carrier tower?

In case you can't tell, there are a lot of factors that play into the equation, this is just off the top of my head.
View Quote

Cell signal is fine outdoors.  Main building is 1 story with basement, but long and goofy with lots of deadzones in the interior.  10 HP ProCurve WiFi access points are enough to cover the complex interior if that helps.

Preferably 4G (with CDMA/GSM support).  Probably no more than 30 concurrent users during heavy usage (conferences, public events) but that could go higher if staff (~100) switch from their desk phones to their cell phones.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd see what the carrier offers. At one point AT&T had those little micro cells they'd give away, I'd imagine they have an enterprise solution.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
What you need is a "DAS", or distributed antenna system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top