Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:14:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.htmlhelp.com/
This will get you info on all the HTML elements.

Often times web sites will end up using lots more than HTML: javascript, various frameworks, etc.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought it when I was in 5th grade…web pages today are some complex that learning the basics won't help you a ton in designing web pages but will help you in diagnosing certain elements of where things can go wrong and in satisfying "curiosities".
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I do various coding for HTML and sites as part of my job.

I always end up at the W3CSchools web site to figure out the options and syntax of anything I want to do.

Also look up some "cheat sheets" for CSS, Div and box models, HTML and so on and print them out. Those will be a lot faster.

Just keep working on it, until you get a bit under your belt, each step seems like it takes hours to learn.

Find a place to play around that is NOT your production environment.

Microsoft released their last version of Expression Web 4 for free to download. Go get it. It's not bad.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're starting from scratch, this is a good book.

Also learn git or another change management system.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
A step up from doing all the coding yourself is to use a responsive framework like bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#download

Takes a little more reading to get up to speed, but enables you to more things.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top