Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 4:14:50 PM EDT
I need a new monitor and working from home I am needing dual monitor set up.  Is Dell's dual monitor setups the best?  Looking at the DP2214H.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.. I like mine better... dual monitor stand from Monoprice bolted to my desk with a pair of Samsung 23" monitors...

Edit .. like this...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't have to do the same size and orientation either. I have one 16x10 and a portrait oriented 16x9.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Dell & Asus 24" dual monitor setups at home.  Both are nice, but I'll give the edge to the Dell for now since they're newer/slimmer/etc...

Only downside is when I remote in at my new firm, it doesn't support dual monitor functionality and simply stretches a single across both.  Annoying, but workable.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Dell makes great displays. My main workstation is a 27" iMac, bracketed by a par of 27" (2560 x 1440) U2713HM displays. I love desktop real estate, and also work form home. But there's no way I could go back to HD displays (1920x1080). I'd rather have one (2560 x 1440) display than two  (1920x1080) displays. Buy one high res and save up for the other. You can find them cheaper, in the Dell outlet. I think I got mine for under $500ea, over a year ago.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh.. I like mine better... dual monitor stand from Monoprice bolted to my desk with a pair of Samsung 23" monitors...

Edit .. like this...
http://i.imgur.com/NCwN1UZ.jpg?1
View Quote

This stand?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm using dual monitors at work and I set up dual monitors at home.  Once you use them you can't go back to a single monitor.
View Quote

Oh I know - I used to have dual monitors.  I need to get back to it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I need a new monitor and working from home I am needing dual monitor set up.  Is Dell's dual monitor setups the best?  Looking at the DP2214H.
View Quote
Best at what?  Just work bs?

You only need a regular dual-head video card that can support two monitors of the size you will be using.

Just about ANY card with two outputs will do.

Just about ANY monitor you want to use will do.

For the price they are quoting, you could get THREE monitors and a card that supports THREE screens. (they don't send the actual card with those)

Just go to NewEgg and pick out a dual head card and two decent monitors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You only need a regular dual-head video card that can support two monitors of the size you will be using.

For the price they are quoting, you could get THREE monitors and a card that supports THREE screens. (they don't send the actual card with those)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be plugging it into a laptop docking station that already has dual monitor ports.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes sir. Solid metal, not weak... the c-clamp unbolts and I was able to drill a hole in my desktop and bolt straight thru so it is one solid son-of-a-gun.

Edit -- It did take a large allen wrench to unbolt the clamp and I had to take the vertical post up to Lowes and locate a bolt of the correct thread and sufficient length to bolt thru... I set a larger piece of MFD (about 5" sq) and then a series of larger fender washers down to a lock washer to reinforce the column when bolted on my desk.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes sir. Solid metal, not weak... the c-clamp unbolts and I was able to drill a hole in my desktop and bolt straight thru so it is one solid son-of-a-gun.
View Quote

Awesome.  Thanks.  Looks like a much less expensive route.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently purchased a benq wqhd 32" monitor that I really like
Might be another option
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I just picked up a pair of Acer 20" monitors and am really enjoying the real estate!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top