Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 9:15:38 AM EDT
I have been trying to view a website from home, but always get an error message Server Not Found.

http://optibeam.de/

Firefox can't find the server at www.optibeam.info

Yesterday I had to spend the day at the hospital with my laptop and it worked fine.

So the problem doesn't appear to be with my laptop but with either my dsl router or ISP.

I did try this morning to view the website using Wayback Machine. Most of the captures couldn't be displayed due to Robots.txt... ?????

Any ideas or hints on how to correct this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yeah that is the North American dealer. Problem is that he doesn't display the various models and specs but directs you to opibeam.de. Yeah I can get pricing but need specs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a DNS problem.

Your ISP has fucked up DNS services. (Many do.)

Try going into your router settings and changing the DNS servers to one of the public ones. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are Google. (Note, they'll track you but they always work and they don't filter.)  Then reboot the computer so it "gets" the new ones.

You didn't add an 'ad block' hosts file did you?  Any "nanny software" on your computer or network?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is a DNS problem.

Try going into your router settings and changing the DNS servers to one of the public ones. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are Google. (Note, they'll track you but they always work and they don't filter.)  Then reboot the computer so it "gets" the new ones.

You didn't add an 'ad block' hosts file did you?  Any "nanny software" on your computer or network?
View Quote

No haven't added it to ad block. No nanny software.

Will try the recommended DNS server change.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is a DNS problem.

View Quote

Changing DNS servers fixed it Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top