Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2014 10:38:47 PM EDT
Loaded ios8 on the iPad and am under welmed.

Good- better battery management, does not use as fast. At least auto correct is better.

Bad- half the magazines I subscribe to will not load because their apps crash. Sent emails to the Publishers about this.

How about y'all. Heck, just found out it even compensates for southern drawl.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Doing fine on an iPhone 5.  Did a clean restore and reinstalled everything manually.  Battery life seems better so far, and I turned off most of the new stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Blame the app developers for not being ready for iOS 8. The first beta was released at WWDC in the spring. They've had plenty of time to update.

Some of my apps are a little glitchy. Only one just won't work. For the most part no major app issues.

When the 5 came out it was a similar situation. Took some devs months to even update to the new screen size.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
update. One publisher was supprised the app did not work because it worked with the beta version of ios8. When the final version of IOS8 was released the app did not function.

After talking to both publishers, working apps will be released by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I updated to Ios8 after reading on the board that it was running fine....
I wish I hadn't.

My phone runs like shit now, (Iphone 5s)
One of my game Apps, (Iron Force) doesn't run correctly. I can play on one combat field, but not on any of the 5 others.
I constantly need to log back in to AR15.com because I keep getting booted out.

My battery life has gotten worse, not better.

I'm not impressed with the new text auto fill either....

I've done hard resets and everything. I'm on the verge of restoring the phone and doing a reinstall in the hopes that it makes it better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I updated to Ios8 after reading on the board that it was running fine....

I wish I hadn't.

My phone runs like shit now, (Iphone 5s)

One of my game Apps, (Iron Force) doesn't run correctly. I can play on one combat field, but not on any of the 5 others.

I constantly need to log back in to AR15.com because I keep getting booted out.

My battery life has gotten worse, not better.

I'm not impressed with the new text auto fill either....

I've done hard resets and everything. I'm on the verge of restoring the phone and doing a reinstall in the hopes that it makes it better.
View Quote

How did you update? OTA through the phone? iTunes?

Seems like the vast majority of people who have problems update OTA (over the air). I always do a complete wipe, and start as new. Never had any of the issues that seem to crop up after a major release. For whatever reason, for large updates like this, OTA seems to have the most issues for people.

For apps that don't work they need to be updated. The Devs have had since this spring to start working on their updates, and the GM was released a week before the public release. They should have tested with the GM before submitting their app for any last minute showtime stopping bugs or problems.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top