Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 2:00:20 PM EDT
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Style through straight talk. It has Kit kat version of Android OS.

I got the phone months ago, and I downloaded the netflix app. It worked fine until about a month ago. Now I can watch any movie that does not have a HD option.

The phone is this way no matter if I'm using data or wifi. When I select a movie that is offered in HD and hit play, the loading screen comes up and it never loads.

I have tried editing the preferences for my profile in netflix setting. I changed it from automatically select to low quality and there was no change. I also tried it on medium quality and it made no difference.

I can watch any movie from my tablets that are android based, or even from my laptop. The phone is the only thing affected by it.

Last night I spent three hours with netflix customer support in chat and on the phone. They keep telling me its my connection and data. I explained to them that its this way on every Wifi I have tried. My home wifi will support 3 devices streaming all at once.

Anyone else have this issue or know of anything I could do to get it sorted out? So far I have tried 3 different wifi locations besides my home. I have tried it on mobile data no worky. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top