Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2014 6:07:48 PM EDT
Guys, I'm going to buy one or two external hard drives that I can back up my files/photos/etc on periodically...perhaps one for the safe, and one for a safety deposit box.  Are there any brands to avoid, or more specifically, any ARFCOM recommended hard drives?  Thought I'd check here first.  Thanks.

Oh yeah, this will be specifically a portable device.  I already backup daily to the iCloud and Time Capsule.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB with the watertight/shock resistant enclosure and it has been great.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB with the watertight/shock resistant enclosure and it has been great.
View Quote

I'll second the "My Passport" .... It's been great
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and I'll third it. I absolutely love mine, but I only use it for long-term file storage for movies, music, books, important files, etc.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all very much.  That's what I wanted to know.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top