Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 7:58:14 PM EDT
I'm trying to install software for a reef controller (saltwater aquarium).  When I go to run the setup program I get a fatal error that says:

unable to load jit compiler. file missing or corrupt. check or rerun set up.

I tried searching on line, seems most searches send me to sites that want me to run THEIR program to fix it, I don't know which ones are trust worthy though.  I went into add/remove, found the .NET program (4.5.1 I think it was) and selected repair, that didn't solve my problem though.

I need to find a fix! My experience level is novice.  Please help!!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Your system is trying to load a just-in-time debugger.  This suggests that you have a software development kit loaded on your system.  The easiest fix for your immediate problem is to start the software IDE (Microsoft's Visual Studio?) and from there turn off the just-in-time debugging configuration.

Later you can figure out why you are missing one of the DLLs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top