Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 10:05:14 AM EDT
Is there a way to go back to Google?  Got to be simple(!) right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say Google it but I guess you would have to "Ask" it.

Just click on the drop down arrow in the search bar. You can select Google from there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Click on the icon in the search box, then select Google. Click  "Manage search engines" if you want to remove Ask.com from the list completely.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Gone! What a useless program
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The Ask search engine does not come by default with Firefox, you may have downloaded a payload version from a bad website. In the future, make sure you get it from the Mozilla website.I hope for your sake it didn't come with other "extras".

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you recently install or update java? It comes bundles with the Ask.com junk and you have to specifically tell it not to install every time you update java.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Firefox has fallen from grace.  CHROME
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Only if you want a huge security hole for a browser.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I use REVO portable to clean crap like ASK off.

Once I get all visible crap off with REVO I hit the system with Malwarebytes because if they have ASK they probably managed to get bit by a bunch of other stuff

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe a privacy hole I wouldn't say security though.

Firefox has never had a great record at Pwn2Own. While the format of the contest has generally changed every year since its inauguration in 2007 (different platforms, different rules, different attack vectors), Firefox has been involved in some way or another since 2009. While Chrome went unhacked in 2009, 2010, and 2011, the only year that Firefox wasn’t hacked was 2011. Since 2012, however, as security researchers have grown ever more wiley, every major browser has fallen to at least one zero-day vulnerability. That four separate vulnerabilities were found in Firefox at Pwn2Own 2014, however, is impressive. LINK
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
if you got ask, you have an infection
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Gone.  So much crap came with the upgrade that I uninstalled each new program one at a time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gone.  So much crap came with the upgrade that I uninstalled each new program one at a time.
View Quote

If you got firefox from anywhere other than Mozilla you got bit and you will need to do more than a simple uninstall to get clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top