Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 8:33:48 AM EDT
Kill me...please.

I need a phone a system (preferably IP PBX) that has support for at least 12 PSTN lines, voicemail, and IVR.  

This isn't "my thing," and I'm up to my nose in different manufacturers and technologies ranging from $400 to $10000.  I think I've found a well rounded/reviewed system that meets my needs, but I'm curious what others have found to work, and if there are any suggestions for a better(at the same price) or cheaper (with the same features) system.

The current pack leader:

http://www.ipphone-warehouse.com/Grandstream-UCM6116-p/ucm6116.htm

Again, phone systems are not something I have much background in, so here's a stupid question, FXOs can only support 1 pair...right? wrong? pie?

::EDIT:: Been reading more and now i'm confused of whether I need a unit with 12 or more FXO, or just a unit with T1/PRI compatibility.  All of the phone lines are provided through a dedicated T1.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no clue but I would suggest a friendly PM to Subnet. VOIP is kind of his thing.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How many extensions?
You may want to look at Avaya IP Office. Scaleable from 6-1000 extensions, hybrid- can do pots, sip, pri service and analog digital or ip eextensions or a mix of all of the above. Not sure about the IVR that's not really the market we go after.

I've been in the sme telephony industry for about 20 years. Avaya is pretty much all we sell, although there are a ton of good systems from the top tier of manufacturers,  so you really can't go wrong by choosing mitel, shortel, Cisco,  avaya, etc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How complicated is your IVR?    Do you just need something like press 1 for sales, 2 for accounting or something more complex?
Do your users have their own direct lines or is that what you use the IVR for?

How many total phone sets in total do you need?     Do you need to have folks outside the office use the same number for inbound and outbound calls when they aren't at their desk?

Typically an FXO is one 1 pair of wire between you and your service provider.    A T1/PRI will use two pairs and provide up to 24/23 phone lines depending on the configuration.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend a hosted system.  I have installed http://www.8x8.com/ for a couple of small customers and it works great.  Your basically up and running in a couple of hours.  If you insist on buying a system, I am a fan of Cisco.  I have installed 60K+ Cisco phones and IMHO they are the best.  Cisco makes small business systems that will meet your needs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
We just bought a Shoretel system with about 100 phones.  Nice stuff and the higher end phones are a joy to use.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]
If your inbound service os T1, then thats is what to get.  Match the box to the extant copper.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
we went with shoretel (400 phones, remote/international offices) to replace our 25 yr old system.
last week, we had an adtran switch(ours, with no spare available) fail at a remote office with no it people available. they sent out a tech with a loaner switch and got us up and running.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
my bro-in-law would love to sell you a mitel....I was an Inter-tel guy, back when.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my bro-in-law would love to sell you a mitel....I was an Inter-tel guy, back when.......
View Quote

i have one for sale too, slightly used
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a NEC PBX system SV8300, worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]
allworx has a good simple system for offices low handset counts.  Thank less than 40 but it is expandable and not to costly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I run 2 offices with asterisk and polycom phones using digium line cards
each office has 24 outgoing lines (voice t1s) and approx 30 users, interoffice extensions, conference calling as well as external sip access over vpns for mobile devices
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top