Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 7:02:42 AM EDT
I'm having to constantly turn mine on and off to reset.  Connections to the house have been checked by the provider and are GTG.  My router/modem is a netgear 7550 which upon research has hx of problems.  Mine is at least 3 yrs old.  I was hoping someone could suggests something that is a newer improved version at a decent price.  My use consists of hanging out here and several other forums so I'm not gaming or any of that stuff.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Always, ALWAYS, get the one with the most lights and alarms.  I mean it must be better right?  

And tagged cause I have a crummy Netgear router from Cox that requires a reset about every 3-4 days and it bugs me.  Oh, the router is i a closet so I have to get my fat ass out of this comfy chair to do it.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
3-4 day huh.  Mines in the last few weeks has been as worse as several times an hour.  Hopefully there are some experts here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Cable modem?  

Motorola Surfboard.

Get the modem you need (router or bridge, integrated wifi or not, 4 channel or 8 channel)

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm having to constantly turn mine on and off to reset.  Connections to the house have been checked by the provider and are GTG.  My router/modem is a netgear 7550 which upon research has hx of problems.  Mine is at least 3 yrs old.  I was hoping someone could suggests something that is a newer improved version at a decent price.  My use consists of hanging out here and several other forums so I'm not gaming or any of that stuff.  Thanks.
View Quote

Perhaps this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/home-portal-802-11n-router/4845848.p?skuId=4845848&id=1218548311950#tabbed-customerreviews
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top