Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2014 9:12:33 PM EDT
I am installing a website I bought (photo cart) onto my Ubuntu server. For some reason when I go to finalize the install after setting up my database the button to continue doesn't show.

When I install the website on my Macbook it shows the button no problem.  First is a screen shot of my Mac server and the second is my Ubuntu Server viewed on my Mac(Both show the same page) Hopefully this isn't confusing, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What does "GD Library might not be installed" on the Ubuntu server do to the process?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Same software?

Is this a web based page?  I might look in the code and see if you have an invalid (meaning, your computer can't see it) path in the header.  The second image lacks CSS that the top one has.  Which means, stuff might not show up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same software?

Is this a web based page?  I might look in the code and see if you have an invalid (meaning, your computer can't see it) path in the header.  The second image lacks CSS that the top one has.  Which means, stuff might not show up.
View Quote

I am running LAMP on my Ubuntu server and MAMP on my Mac localhost server. It was a problem with permissions in the folder action. I wouldn't have caught that I was missing CSS. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What does "GD Library might not be installed" on the Ubuntu server do to the process?
View Quote

I guess I didn't have the GD library installed. Thank you for catching that, yesterday was a long day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same software?

View Quote

How did you know CSS (I'm assuming that means Cascading Style Sheets) wasn't set up? Because the tabs weren't placed properly?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Now everything is running smoothly. (for now )

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How did you know CSS (I'm assuming that means Cascading Style Sheets) wasn't set up? Because the tabs weren't placed properly?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same software?

I am a web developer.  Yeah, Cascading Style Sheets.  Often a command in the header references them, and the reference goes in a "settings" folder for the site.

Nobody uses serif fonts anymore if they can help it, but that's the default for most browsers.  Thus, serif font (times new roman) = no CSS.  The words are the same, and probably the HTML and CSS files the same.

The button also looks a bit CSS-created.

I am not sure if that solved his problem or not, but that difference stood out like Obama in a Texas Roadhouse to me and figured it was a difference worth leveraging between the two installs.

(Serif fonts have the swirlies on them, good for print where DPI approaches 300 - 1200, not so good at 72 - 150 as is typical of a monitor.  Arial, Veranda, etc. were adopted as "standard" for computers.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top