Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 9:48:30 AM EDT
Best I see online for body only is $2,366
ETA: factory refurb from Canon for $2800 a safe bet?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking for used or new? At that price I would say used. New is usually 3000-3400. Used prices are usually 2000-2600 depending on condition.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking for used or new? At that price I would say used. New is usually 3000-3400. Used prices are usually 2000-2600 depending on condition.
View Quote
Shopping new only
So you're saying I'm not going to find a better deal?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely not going to find a cheaper price. I really only deal with b&h for my stuff because of the customer service and they are trustworthy. Not sure on this site. To me sounds like to good of a deal to be true but I just don't trust a lot of sites. I would look into the site if you haven't dealt with them before. Maybe someone else here has and can give some input.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
That website has multiple BBB complaints of bait and switch.

IMHO, sites that offer prices that far below retail are usually either selling grey market/ questionable goods, or charge extra money for each of the accessory items that should ship in the box with the camera.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I just did a quick look up of the company and there are more negative reviews then anything. Your call but I find it hard to believe that a company will take $1000 off the price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Save yourself the trouble and buy it from B&H.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn guys

I don't suppose this place would be any better?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The camera market is full of thieves and scammers.
If the price is too good it's never legit.
Let me guess - both of those places have 'business' addresses in NY?

Stick to reputable companies.
B&H is the NewEgg of the camera market.
Dell occasionally has some good deals. (odd but true) 
If you pay really close attention to the feedback, ebay can work too. That's how I got my NIB 1DmkII many moons ago. Just don't fall for 'packages' full of garbage parts. 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it was me, I'd buy a used one off of KEH or B&H. They are accurate in their descriptions, and you'll save some money that way and still get a working camera with plenty of life left in it.
View Quote
This guy has done some research.

You can also find used deals on camera specialty boards like Fred Miranda.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Canon Price Watch

They had a price under market value, but can't say who offers it because of some kind of Canon bullshit.

If you also need a lens, the bundle with the 24-70 is a great price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most of those places with the cheap prices will actually sell you the camera for that price.

However, you get to pay a couple hundred extra for all the stuff that should have been in the box.

Some will just flat steal your money, or try and bait and switch you.

Or maybe it's a grey market refurb being listed as new.

If it was me, I'd buy a used one off of KEH or B&H. They are accurate in their descriptions, and you'll save some money that way and still get a working camera with plenty of life left in it.
View Quote
I used to buy from B&H, but they opened a place here in Jersey and now I get stuck with sales tax.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Canon Price Watch

They had a price under market value, but can't say who offers it because of some kind of Canon bullshit.

View Quote
This is for my wife and I'm admittedly a little out of the loop but I do think she wants a the 2.8 24-70 for like $1600
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is for my wife and I'm admittedly a little out of the loop but I do think she wants a the 2.8 24-70 for like $1600
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Canon Price Watch

Www.canonpricewatch.com

'Street prices '

I dunno if the 2.8 is offered via a bundle, i know the 4 is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Www.canonpricewatch.com

'Street prices '

I dunno if the 2.8 is offered via a bundle, i know the 4 is.
View Quote
Ya, I didn't see a 2.8 and hard be a deal breaker for her. Maybe I'll call them
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Would you all buy a factory refurb direct from Canon for $2800?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:16:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I am a Nikon guy, and much of my equipment is Nikon factory refurb'd. All of the refurb'd equipment is new, with the exception a 90 day warranty and a plain ordinary cardboard box.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am a Nikon guy, and much of my equipment is Nikon factory refurb'd. All of the refurb'd equipment is new, with the exception a 90 day warranty and a plain ordinary cardboard box.
View Quote
Good info, thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Make sure you use a credit card that has a price match guarantee. I am not sure where Citi gets their price match numbers, but I keep getting back a few hundred on each body purchase. I usually buy from BH, so no grey market stuff either.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Make sure you use a credit card that has a price match guarantee. I am not sure where Citi gets their price match numbers, but I keep getting back a few hundred on each body purchase. I usually buy from BH, so no grey market stuff either.
View Quote
So it just happens automatically? How often do they search? Could you just send them those websites?!?

I think she's got a Wells Fargo card with some rewards but I'll ask on price match
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#21]
You enrol the purchase on their website. It is the only way they know exactly what you bought.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You enrol the purchase on their website. It is the only way they know exactly what you bought.
View Quote
Gotcha. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Would you all buy a factory refurb direct from Canon for $2800?
View Quote
Yes. Canon gives a full 1yr warranty on refurbs not just 90 days. They do charge tax. Other than that as mentioned your best price is from CanonPriceWatch. Sign up for notifications on anything you're interested in and they'll email you when the price drops.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Most of those places with the cheap prices will actually sell you the camera for that price.

However, you get to pay a couple hundred extra for all the stuff that should have been in the box.

Some will just flat steal your money, or try and bait and switch you.

Or maybe it's a grey market refurb being listed as new.

View Quote
This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top