Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2017 8:38:45 AM EDT
I see an astrophotography thread here (awesome btw, I am jealous and intimidated), so I figured I'd try my luck here vs GD, hoping the signal-to-noise ratio is a lot higher here than in GD.

I have a Meade ETX90 Mak that I originally bought to use as a spotting scope (I got a sweet deal on it and its on-par with some of my friends' midrange Vortex and Athlon stuff, so I'm pleased).  I have a Celestron "kit" of eyepieces, not the best I know, and a Meade eyepiece.  I'm happy so far, but wondering if trying some higher-end eyepieces would be a waste on this scope, or if it would give me better image clarity.  I know light is king and Maks have issues, but its what I have at the moment.  

Just wondering if dropping a little cash on a truly nice eyepiece (Televue etc) would be something that would make this meager scope shine, or would it be like putting an S&B PMII on a Daisy air rifle....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you hiping to do with them?  Astronomy or use as a spotting scope?  

I would look at celestron x-cel series, i bet you could find them for $60-70.

I have them and think they are pretty good, they arent high end but are certainly a step up from kit eyepieces.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top