Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2017 6:00:48 PM EDT
Going to be doing some traveling to Brazil, DR and NYC, wanted an upgrade in taking pics so I found a good deal with an EOS. I am watching youtube videos right now. anyone else offer some insight or tips. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I am still rocking the XSi

It still serves me well but am not a pro at all.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 2 lenses (not Canon), an extra SD card, bag and tripod, and a cleaning kit. So far it's just auto mode, pointing pressing halfway and then taking the pic. It has a WiFi function where you can use the phone as a viewfinder. I am going to experiment with the wide angle lens, different speeds and apertures, but I really am gong to learn by trial and error
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I rocked a Pentax ist-DL for nine years and made money with it till it died last year.
I replaced it with a Sony A200 which was only a year newer, lol.
Then a few months after that I got an 11 year old Nikon D50, and a 5 year old Nikon D3200.
Now I have also included an 8 year old Pentax K20D and its my favorite! I find its all I basically shoot with now, even on paid shoots.
Old doesn't mean useless, your skill means more than your equipment.

Watch youtube videos about the exposure triangle, composition, natural light portraiture, and using flash.
Tony and Chelsea Northrup have a good channel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I rocked a Pentax ist-DL for nine years and made money with it till it died last year.
I replaced it with a Sony A200 which was only a year newer, lol.
Then a few months after that I got an 11 year old Nikon D50, and a 5 year old Nikon D3200.
Now I have also included an 8 year old Pentax K20D and its my favorite! I find its all I basically shoot with now, even on paid shoots.
Old doesn't mean useless, your skill means more than your equipment.

Watch youtube videos about the exposure triangle, composition, natural light portraiture, and using flash.
Tony and Chelsea Northrup have a good channel.
View Quote
I don't think I can find my asscheeks with both hands, what is this skill you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am still rocking the XSi

It still serves me well but am not a pro at all.
View Quote
I had one, awesome camera, then I had the T3i which was more awesome and now I  have the T6i which is even more awesome.

That 24mp sensor is really slick. But very demanding. you need a steady hand with the telephotos. My 24mm STM lens is superb with the T6i.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Going to be doing some traveling to Brazil, DR and NYC, wanted an upgrade in taking pics so I found a good deal with an EOS. I am watching youtube videos right now. anyone else offer some insight or tips. Thanks
View Quote

You didn't happen to get that super cheap from some guy in Ecuador, by chance?  Maybe with the zoom lens and memory card included?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You didn't happen to get that super cheap from some guy in Ecuador, by chance?  Maybe with the zoom lens and memory card included?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some shop in Long Island thru Amazon

I got 2 lenses not Canon, cleaning kit, extra 32 card and the camera body $540
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Google the basics of exposure. Once you get your head around how it works all those buttons and settings start to make sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top