Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 10:12:36 AM EDT
My old film based Nikons have been sitting in the top of my closet for years since digital photography has become so dominate. I got to wondering, do any of you (or someone you know) still shoot 35mm film, and specifically, with a Nikon model F3 or FE2?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not anymore.  I had an F3HP along with a few other bodies, up to about 5 years ago when I stopped shooting film.  They're all gone now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I still shoot film, and process and print it in my darkroom.  Main camera is a vintage 1985 Leica M6 and I also shoot a Nikon F100 with a few AF Nikons I have.  Film is Ilford HP5 developed in Kodak XTOL developer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but my first camera was a FE2. Only have digital at this point.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Every now and then. When shooting film, I switched between an F4, F3HP, and Pentax LX.

I like the F3 the most. It's seriously built like a tank. In my opinion it's the best manual/manual focus SLR ever made. It just does everything right. I have 3 lenses but they do everything: (All Nikon AIS) 50mm f1.2  35mm f1.4 and an 85 f1.4

Kind of makes me a bit sad seeing them sitting in used stores for $200 in almost perfect condition. A part of me feels the need to rescue everyone I see in case of a later retro resurgence for 35mm film cameras.

I now use a Fuji X100T but if someone invented a digital back/add-on that could turn an F3 into digital, I would never use anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top