Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 8:08:50 PM EDT
So going through an old hard drive I found some pics... I don't pretend to be a photographer but I thought i'd share them here. All are 7 years old or older.

also realized this thread title is misleading so i've changed it. I didn't find any civil war pics or anything just old photos I had forgotten about.

some of them seem to be suffering from kind of weird compression. There were others on there too but for some reason I can't upload them oh well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look great, man.  Nothing to be ashamed of there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, some great looking pictures.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I don't do anywhere near as much photography as I used to, now I live in FL and not VA i don't get into the outdoors so much. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't get the mantis quite in focus but he jumped off the leaf pretty quickly after I took the pic so I didn't get another chance. I had a whole other folder full of shots of butterflies in the blueridge mountains that i've lost too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Love that shot of the gators!
Way too close.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Joseph. I had a 3 foot fence in front of me while I was taking them but once those 3 took an interest about another 5 came in behind them so I decided to leave after that I don't know why they were so interested. It's amazing how I had forgotten about all of these until I found them and now the memories are back like it was yesterday. Here are the only other 4 i've been able to recover

Again not always great shots. Just posting to share and keep them somewhere where hopefully I won't lose them again.

Bar Habour

Random shot of the Elizabeth river in Chesapeake VA

Friend's old dog (RIP Rommel)

My dog, when she was a pup, always stuck her nose in the damn camera....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top