Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 9:36:11 PM EDT
I am borrowing my sis in laws laptop through the next few months. I also have a desktop that I would like to put the programs on as well...

Is this going to be a problem come time when I get my own laptop?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I THINK (but am not sure) that you can have i tinstalled on one machine at a time, plus the mobile apps.

You'll have to de-register it from computer A when you install it on computer B.  IIRC, during the install process you get a primer on the subject.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I THINK (but am not sure) that you can have i tinstalled on one machine at a time, plus the mobile apps.

You'll have to de-register it from computer A when you install it on computer B.  IIRC, during the install process you get a primer on the subject.
View Quote

A primer?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You can install it on as many machines as you like but you can only have two installations signed on consecutively.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can install it on as many machines as you like but you can only have two installations signed on consecutively.
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  I took the 'plunge', got the combo.

I noticed light room doesn't import .raw files? What is your procedure for editing photos?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
LR does lots of raw files, but you need to make sure you have the updated software to read the files from the new camera.
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

By default, you installed version 6.0 or 2015.0; after the initial install, you need to update the software to the current version.
That said, I might go with version x.7 instead of the most recent x.8 due to some of the problems.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we use a license on two computers.......

yup we do.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LR does lots of raw files, but you need to make sure you have the updated software to read the files from the new camera.
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

By default, you installed version 6.0 or 2015.0; after the initial install, you need to update the software to the current version.
That said, I might go with version x.7 instead of the most recent x.8 due to some of the problems.
View Quote

This.  Open up the Creative Cloud program and install Adobe RAW and Bridge, that should fix your issue.  Bridge is a bonus but it is really useful IMO.  Lets you look at RAW files without pulling up PS or LR, and decide what to do with them.  Like opening a group as one directly into photomerge for panos.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A primer?
View Quote

There's some verbiage as you click through the install that says what the usage rights are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top