Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2016 11:07:00 PM EDT
Keegan is an artificial intelligence created by Regaind, a startup specialized in automatic image analysis. After being trained by professional photographers, Keegan is now able to describe the strengths and weaknesses in your image, in order to help you identify specific areas in which you can improve.  

Keegan
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had 2 portraits get a 10. I think its biggest factor is the bokeh. I also think animals and flowers get extra points.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Dorky Dog and the 105 f2.8 micro got a 9.1/10

Must have been a fluke.

Seriously the only person I try to please is me.  I'm guessing I'm a much harder judge of my work than Keegan,
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
There's just enough blur, I like. Your subject gets a gold star. A very pleasing image. Without a doubt a 7.7/10.

Most people like this shot.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Tripod and the twins got an 8.3.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Fail.

This one got a 3.3/10.

Sometimes the content of a photograph is more important than the technical aspects.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
9.2/10
DSC_8585-Hover by FredMan, on Flickr

9.4/10
DSC_5157-Osprey Perched by FredMan, on Flickr

9.0/10
DSC_8637-Sunflower by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#9]

I love dogs. Can I pet your dog? The blur and the subject together, so good. This image is really good. Congrats!! You get a 8.4/10. Everything is so perfectly framed that you get the framing ribbon

! Your dog looks better than mine, special achievement unlocked! There are 16 more achievements to discover! Even better! Well done!

I love dogs. Can I pet your dog? Somehow you managed to save your subject in all that blur. What a moment! This image is good, but it could be great. 7.8/10 - you deserve it, champ. Now you've got the idea! Feel free to send me as many photos as you want, I'll be glad to comment on them and give you my feedback. After 10 pictures I will evaluate your level.

I love dogs. Can I pet your dog? The blur and the subject together, so good. You could think about hanging this one up. 8.9/10 - you deserve it, champ

Controlled, pretty blur, good job on the lighting, and what a moment! Thank you for this exciting image and composed quite well, very dynamic. This pic is sick! Congrats!! You get a 9.7/10. This wonderful picture earns you the golden ribbon

. Congrats!

Blurry but lovely. Superb subject, nicely placed and what a moment! You got it, chap! 8.6/10 - you deserve it, champ.

Controlled, elegant blur and pleasant lighting; great. Overall, you could think about hanging this one up. Congrats!! You get a 8.8/10. B B B BlurMaster ! You got the blur ribbon

The blur and the subject together, so good. Wonderful, I love the composition. This literally couldn't be any better! Congrats!! You get a 10.0/10. If you enjoy my comments, like my page to follow me!

Way to capture the light! Your subject gets a gold star. This image is really good. Congrats!! You get a 7.9/10.

Somehow you managed to save your subject in all that blur and you really captured the moment. This image is really good. Without a doubt a 8.0/10. Well done, it seems you're an Enthusiast photographer! I can't wait to see more of your art :D To reach the Semi-pro level, you must achieve an average score of 7.5 over your 25 best pictures. Time to discover your profile page

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sometimes the content of a photograph is more important than the technical aspects.
View Quote

I've noticed this quite a bit, when it comes to images submitted to various sites online.

A crappy, blurry, grainy image will get more attention because of its subject, whereas a sharp, clear, well composed image will get little attention because the subject is not as popular.

I personally, put more stock in the quality of the photo and the talent of the photographer, than the "wow-wee" factor of the subject.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've noticed this quite a bit, when it comes to images submitted to various sites online.

A crappy, blurry, grainy image will get more attention because of its subject, whereas a sharp, clear, well composed image will get little attention because the subject is not as popular.

I personally, put more stock in the quality of the photo and the talent of the photographer, than the "wow-wee" factor of the subject.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get what you are saying, and generally speaking, I don't disagree.

What I am  saying, is  that sometimes the historical significance of a photograph can outweigh everything else.  I've been a (amateur) photographer for 46 years, and on occasion I take a pretty nice shot.  But all of my pictures combined, don't add up to the story that that one picture (in the link I posted) tells.  As blurry and "crappy" as it is, it is more important than any picture I've ever taken.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Keegan's a tool.

The! Subject! Needs! More! Light! Excellent catch. This image is good, but it could be great. Congrats!! You get a 7.6/10.
View Quote

DSC_7213-Sunset Swath1 by FredMan, on Flickr

You timed your photo so well and thank you for this interesting image. You're getting there! 8.4/10 - you deserve it, champ. If you enjoy my comments, like my page to follow me!
View Quote

DSC_5088-Ko Turn Crop by FredMan, on Flickr

What a catch and good place for your subject. Aesthetically nothing wrong here, but something is missing. This gets a 6.6/10
View Quote

DSC_5488-Hiller Perspective-Chop by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
This is pretty neat.

I thought this one should be higher than a 7. One in a string of them which I took of this was actually favorited by a few on flickr. That was a first for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top