Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2016 9:26:41 AM EDT
I have quite a few older 8mm/Super 8 reels that I need converted to digital(dvd).    I was in the process of copying my newer stuff from Hi8 to DVD when that camera took a dive so need the rest of these converted as well.

Can anyone recommend a good service to send the reels/cassettes to have converted?   I know some of these can be kinda expensive but I don't want a fly by night service either.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a service to recommend, but consider a conversion to an appropriate digital format, and not specifically to DVD.  DVD technology is getting long in the tooth.  It is likely better to load the files to a drive, and have a couple of other drive backups (off site), if the vids are important to you (and potentially to others).  You can burn copies to DVD as needed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have a service to recommend, but consider a conversion to an appropriate digital format, and not specifically to DVD.  DVD technology is getting long in the tooth.  It is likely better to load the files to a drive, and have a couple of other drive backups (off site), if the vids are important to you (and potentially to others).  You can burn copies to DVD as needed.
View Quote

That's an idea but even if in DVD format I can handle after that.   VOB files can be converted digitally.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The two big names in the business are
http://digmypics.com/
http://www.scancafe.com/

I have not, yet, used either one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top