Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 11:07:47 AM EDT
Just picked up this whole Camera Kit from BEST BUY..

Sony a6000 kit with two lenses

How did i do?

I bought this camera because i wanted to take a lot of high quality pictures on my trip to Israel I will be taking at the end of this month. Also to have to take pictures for different things at home (guns, knives, cool shit etc.)

I don't know much about cameras, but this one was smaller and a little lighter then the Nikons and cannons that I looked at, there at BB.

Also, I have a platinum super diamond galactic whatever member with Best Buy, so i have 45days to use this and return for a full refund if me no like.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normally people ask for opinions before they buy stuff. That camera seems to have a good reputation but I don't have any personal experience with it.

If you want good pictures you need to learn photography. Hang out here, ask questions, read a few books. I suggest either understanding exposure or stunning digital photography to start you off.
View Quote

oops..

I did ask a couple people I know about the camera, they also didn't have personal experience with it, but they said the same as you, that they have heard that it has a good reputation. So I bought it anyways since i can still return in to best buy if i don't like it, and it also allows me to get hands on use with it in the meantime.

But i will look those two things up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Not that great of a deal, they had the same kit with a small tripod, bag, extra batteries and 2 SD cards for $750 back in may. The fact that the a6500 was just announced should mean that the price of that kit should be even lower now, I would return it while you still can and find a better deal.

ETA the 16-50mm lens is an excellent kit lens, relatively sharp all around and gives you coverage for the most common focal lengths you will be using on your trip. In order to get decent sharpness out of the 55-210 you will have to stop it down to about f/8 or so depending on the distance between you and your subject. Haven't noticed any issues with vignetting.

You also have to take into account the 1.5x crop factor, the 16-55mm lens really shines in this regard. The only things I don't like about it are the powered zoom and the lack of a focus ring.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that great of a deal, they had the same kit with a small tripod, bag, extra batteries and 2 SD cards for $750 back in may. The fact that the a6500 was just announced should mean that the price of that kit should be even lower now, I would return it while you still can and find a better deal.

ETA the 16-50mm lens is an excellent kit lens, relatively sharp all around and gives you coverage for the most common focal lengths you will be using on your trip. In order to get decent sharpness out of the 55-210 you will have to stop it down to about f/8 or so depending on the distance between you and your subject. Haven't noticed any issues with vignetting.

You also have to take into account the 1.5x crop factor, the 16-55mm lens really shines in this regard. The only things I don't like about it are the powered zoom and the lack of a focus ring.

View Quote

so i should upgrade in 30 days
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
i know its a little late but, the A6000 is a very good starter cam. i bought mine used with just the 16-50 lens and bought an adapter to use my old X700's 70-210 manual lens. i recently picked up the 18-105 G lens and since then that lens hasnt left the cam. the 6300 wasnt worth the extra price at the time but it has better focus stock and with the aftermarket adapters and other makers AF lenses. i plan on picking up the MC-11 and some canon EF lenses to test out though. the 6500 has an MSRP of $1400, i only paid $550 for my 6000 and $475 for the 18-105.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top