[#1]
Great write-up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you. I know it's probably a bit redundant here for many but we do get a few newbies in from time to time. I hope I achieved my goal of making it readable, without being overly technical.

I didn't really get too in depth with a lot of it. I could write a book about it.
F
Maybe I should
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great write-up.

Thank you. I know it's probably a bit redundant here for many but we do get a few newbies in from time to time. I hope I achieved my goal of making it readable, without being overly technical.

I didn't really get too in depth with a lot of it. I could write a book about it.
F
Maybe I should

Lol.

Great write up, Zack.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Zack for posting this great bit of info and yes, my head hurts now from the gears spinning.

I'm so new to Digital Photography that I should wear diapers but I'm older than enough, to wear Depends.

JP

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for taking your time and efforts to helping someone new to photography out.  I remember when i got my camera i was reading everything i could as i knew no one who was into photography.  I didnt know the difference between aperture and shutter-speed.  This is a good read for people who know how to do this as well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent write up, Zack.  Easy to follow and understand.  I do have one question about sensor size that has been bugging me for a while.  How in the heck do these smart phones take such beautiful pictures?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How in the heck do these smart phones take such beautiful pictures?
View Quote

Sensor technology has come a long way. The itty bitty "pixels" on those sensors are not as bad as they used to be. However, in low light, the phone cameras will quickly go noisy as the auto-ISO system cranks up the ISO so that the shutter speed is fast enough to hide the blur of your shaky hands.

Also keep in mind that the sensors are capturing more pixels than the screens can show. As a result of lowering the photo resolution for viewing purposes, many of the flaws get glossed over.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sensor technology has come a long way. The itty bitty "pixels" on those sensors are not as bad as they used to be. However, in low light, the phone cameras will quickly go noisy as the auto-ISO system cranks up the ISO so that the shutter speed is fast enough to hide the blur of your shaky hands.

Also keep in mind that the sensors are capturing more pixels than the screens can show. As a result of lowering the photo resolution for viewing purposes, many of the flaws get glossed over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How in the heck do these smart phones take such beautiful pictures?

Thanks for the explanation, that makes it easier to understand.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe I should
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great write-up.

Maybe I should

Great refresher! Never hurts to hit the basics now and again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Zack!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top