Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 9:03:30 AM EDT
I am going to pick up a GoPro Session today to go along with a clone I bought recently.
I want to shoot some videos of me and my kid fishing, tying flies, and just all around silliness.
What video editing software should I be looking at in order possibly put them up on YouTube?

Of course FREE software is best software but I'm not opposed to spending a little for something that works good. I don't need professional quality stuff that George Lucas would use. Just something simple and easy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
GoPro Studio is free and easy to use.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
iMovie or Moviemaker is what you want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Yep,

I have done all of my gopro videos with this.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yep,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Yep,

+ another.  The most recent version is very capable and easy to use.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
What's one that would let me slow down footage?  I have gopro cineform studio (came with my hero 3) but I can't do it with that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's one that would let me slow down footage?  I have gopro cineform studio (came with my hero 3) but I can't do it with that.
View Quote

You need to be shooting in higher FPS if you want to do "slow-mo" but I have been able to vary the speed in GoPro studio I believe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I can do 120fps, but I think I can do 240fps if I lower it to 720 or perhaps 420.  I'll have to check the specs again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The version of GPStudio I got with my Session allows speed up and slow down regardless of frame rate. Might not look so good at 30 fps but you can do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll see what I can download from gopro's site once I get a new computer.  Current machine can't even handle playback of videos (although it does fine with the 1080 video from my Camcorder).  Looking at an i5 powered laptop.  Hopefully a 64bit system isn't required, because I'm trying to find a 32bit os.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll see what I can download from gopro's site once I get a new computer.  Current machine can't even handle playback of videos (although it does fine with the 1080 video from my Camcorder).  Looking at an i5 powered laptop.  Hopefully a 64bit system isn't required, because I'm trying to find a 32bit os.  
View Quote

Why would you go 32 bit if 64 bit is available?  That just doesn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Older games.  I've tried to get the original Starcraft to work right on a windows 7 64 bit system.  Compatibility mode doesn't do it, and neither did anything else I tried.  Battlefield 1942 was really small too as I recall.

I'm looking at a i5 laptop for $280, and if I get it I'll give it a try again, but I'd rather have a laptop (need the portability) that just works right for what I want, and get a much more powerful tower for video, photo, and audio editing.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top